INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information We Collect from You
When registering a user account, completing the know-your- customer process for your identification (“KYC”) and/or using our Services we will collect certain personal information that you will provide directly to us. The types of information we may collect are as follows:
- Contact information: for example your name, country of citizenship, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Identification data and documents: for example, copy of passport or other identification document, bank statements, document to verify your place of residence, photos or videos for
- Biographic or demographic information: for example, your date of birth, gender, (if applicable) your relationship between you and the legal entity you are representing; Biometric data: video recording for biometric facial recognition;
- Social network data: for example, your Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram username;
- User account data: your username and password to access the BASIS ID Services;
- Payment data: for example, bank account or credit card number.
Collecting some of the information described above is obligatory to register your BASIS ID user account, carry out the KYC to meet the standards established by the applicable laws and/or provide you BASIS ID Services. The obligatory information has been marked in the App or the Website with an asterisk (*).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
In order to effectively carry out the KYC in accordance with the applicable anti-money laundering and terrorist financing prevention laws, we may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Website or the App. For example, we may collect information available about you from publicly accessible websites, social media networks or public databases. We may also make inquiries to governmental agencies, financial institutions, international agencies and non-public third-party databases to verify the correctness of the information you have provided to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the App or the Website, we automatically collect the following information:
- Information about which Service Providers you use and which personal data you are providing
to the Service Providers via the App or the Website;
- (a) Device and log information: we collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Website, including device identifiers, mobile network information, type of operating system, and the type of browser used. We also log information about your use of the Website, including access times, pages viewed, IP address, other standard web log data, and the page visited before and after navigating to our websites.
Data received from Service Providers
We may receive your cryptocurrency wallet balance and information regarding transactions made of certain Service Providers you are using via the App or the Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information collected strictly for the following purposes:
- Your contact information, identification data and documentation, social network data, video recording as well as the data we obtain from other sources is used to carry out the KYC procedure that would meet the standards of the applicable anti-money laundering and terrorist financing prevention laws and standards (notably the Estonian Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act);
- Your user account data, contact information and the data we collect automatically in the course of your usage of the Services is used to provide you the Services, including managing your user account, providing customer support, sending updates, collecting fees, etc. Contact information and data we collect automatically is also used to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities carried out via the App or the Website and enforce the Terms;
- Device and log information is also used to measure and improve the Services that are available on the Website and the App;
- Bank account or credit card details will be directly forwarded to the payment service provider for processing payment. BASIS ID will not be able to access your bank account or credit card details at any time;
- Your social network data will be used for credit scoring purposes and to suggest you services that you might be interested in connecting to the BASIS ID platform if you have provided us a separate consent to do so;
- Should you so indicate separately via the App or the Website, we will use your name and e- mail to deliver you marketing and promotional offers on behalf of BASIS ID;
- We may receive your cryptocurrency wallet balance and information regarding transactions made via various Service Providers in order to integrate the services of the Service Providers into the user interface of BASIS ID Website or App and thereby enable you to use the services of various Service Providers directly in the App or the Website;
- We may also use the information about you for any other purpose for which the information was collected, provided that such purpose was disclosed to you at the time of collection or you provided a separate consent for processing your data for such purpose.
Your Rights and Data Retention
You may, at any time, request to receive the personal information you have provided to us in the course of using the BASIS ID platform in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the data to another service provider. Please send the respective request to email@example.com
You may at any time request to see and update the personal information collected about you in course of using the Services in the Account section of the BASIS ID platform. You may withdraw your consent for further processing of your personal data by deleting your user account on the Website or in the App.
We will retain your personal information only for so long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any legal issues that may arise after the end of your relationship with us or for as long as required by law. When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy, delete or convert it into an anonymous form.
AUTHORIZED PROCESSORS AND THIRD-PARTY DISCLOSURE
We do not sell or trade your personal data to any third parties. As some of the BASIS ID Services may be provided by our affiliate companies, we may make your data available to our affiliate companies in order to provide you the Services. Our affiliate companies are:
Data Depot Asia PTE LTD, a limited liability company registered in Singapore under registration number 201713091C, address Block79 @ Launchpad, 79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, 05#08 Singapore 139955.
Please note that the Website and the App enable you to see and manage the data that you have made available to third parties via the BASIS ID Services. Furthermore, to the extent made available by BASIS ID, the App and the Website enable you to restrict third party Service Providers from further processing of your data or change the extent of the data that a particular third party Service Provider receives.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your device from a web site and stored on your device’s hard drive.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavor to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical safeguards with respect to our offices and information storage facilities in order to prevent any loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We may send you e-mails for marketing purposes but only with your explicit consent. In case you wish to stop receiving e-mails for marketing purposes, please click unsubscribe button, which can be found at the end of such e-mails.
INFRINGEMENT OF PRIVACY
If you have any questions related to this policy or in case of any suspected infringement of your privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DataDepot OÜ, a limited liability company registered in Estonia under registration number 14078299, address Joala 3-6, Narva, Estonia, 139955.